; Phantoms and Monsters: Pulse of the Paranormal

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Just the Facts? - House w/ Skeleton For Sale and Humanoid in the Hallway

Swedish House House Up For Sale, Complete With Tomb, Skeleton

A Swedish real estate agent has an unusual piece of property up for sale: a five-bedroom house, complete with medieval tomb and skeleton in the cellar.

The central Visby town house on the Baltic island of Gotland was built in 1750 on the foundations of a Russian church. The kitchen lies on the presbytery, and the tomb containing the skeleton - visible through a glass pane - is in the cellar.

The real estate agency's owner Leif Bertwig says there is no reason to be afraid as the skeleton "lies in consecrated soil and rests in peace."

Bertwig said Wednesday the remains likely belong to a Russian man who died some 800 years ago.

The starting price for the house - all included - is 4.1 million kronor ($640,000). - AOL


Mountain lions turning up all over

Greenwich, Conn., best known for hedge-fund and banking millionaires, is now earning a reputation for another potentially treacherous population -- mountain lions.

After more than 100 years with nothing but news of high-bred dogs and people with names like Winthrop, Bush and Cohen, Greenwich has now had several reports of mountain lions roaming its tony quarters.

In late spring there were three separate sightings in Greenwich, and then a wild mountain lion was killed by an SUV on a highway 37 miles north in the New Haven suburb of Milford.

The Hartford Courant reported that authorities were stunned when DNA testing showed that the animal had probably traveled 1,500 miles from South Dakota to Connecticut, an unprecedented distance for that type of animal.

Since then, the local police have fielded numerous reports of mountain lion sightings in Greenwich. Last week, two residents of a gated community adjacent to a wildlife preserve reported seeing one.

This time, officials warned the locals to keep an eye on their children and dogs -- and to be extra-cautious walking at dawn and dusk when the wild animals might be particularly active.

As for the cat killed on the highway, no one quite understands how he ended up so far from the Black Hills of South Dakota.

A necropsy showed that the lean, 140-pound male was 2 to 4 years old, had an empty stomach and most likely had never spent time in captivity, according to the state environmental protection agency. His travels were well documented through sightings in Minnesota and Wisconsin; biologists speculate that he later wandered through southern Ontario and New York before reaching Connecticut.

Connecticut's Department of Energy and Environmental Protection maintains that despite a dozen or so sightings a year, there is no evidence of a native mountain lion population in Connecticut. Officials are concerned that the heightened focus on the dead animal may be stirring local imaginations -- to mistake garden-variety bobcats, coyotes and dogs for mountain lions.

Nicknamed the St. Croix when he was seen wandering Wisconsin, the cat was the first confirmed mountain lion in the state of Connecticut since the 1880s. - standard

Also...Big Cat Roaming Tuscany


Humanoid in the hallway

August 17, 2011 - unedited - I live alone in a single family house in a suburb near a large city. I awoke at 2:35 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, August 17, 2011; left my bedroom (which is a guest room since the temperature in the summer is cooler than the master bedroom); walked down the dark hallway (faintly illuminated by glow of bug zapper down hall used for killing moths from bird seed); entered master bedroom; shut the door behind me (except for a crack); and I could see motion in the dark hallway that looked as if someone walked up to the door and was peering at me.

Afraid to face the possibility someone was in the house, and knowing the house was bolted down like a fortress (with deadbolts, "hotel bolts," and shatter-resistant multi-pane windows), I used the restroom without turning on the lights.

I then cautiously entered the hall and nobody was there, but down the hall, a bright fuzzy white light shined through cracks in locked room. I thought to myself, could it be the bright white energy saving front porch light that has over 100 watts of output?

However, as I stared at the illumination surrounding the door and emitting through its threshold, it quickly faded out, leaving the faint illumination from the porch light as I then recalled was always the case. (The mating of the door and threshold was so tight even the bright white light coming through the threshold was non-existent except in a few places, and the light that did get through was faint.)

I immediately realized someone was in that room, shining a bright light that must have been an LED or HID light due to its intensity. After pausing for a moment to think, I decided to quickly throw open the door and face whoever was there.

When I did, the room was empty. I recall getting waves of goose bumps all over my body because I knew something unexplainable had occurred. Whoever was in the hallway was the one who disappeared in that room, I was certain of it.

As a little history, my family and I have had UFO visitations my entire life, with unusual activity in the homes where I grew up (i.e. time distortions with clocks off in every room, objects hurling across a room for no apparent cause, and other inexplicable phenomenon beyond the scope of this report).

In the mid-1990's in my parents’ home I awoke to see a young man in his 20's wearing military fatigues and a helmet standing at the foot of my bed staring at me. At the blink of an eye he was gone.

For some strange reason, my immediate thought when this event occurred was that man was in my hallway, although I cannot explain why I sensed it was him again.

As a side note I felt in no danger. My imagination ran wild for a moment in speculating who it was or why they were in my house and how they disappeared; was it a time traveler? An E.T.? I'm afraid if they return and I open the door before they disappear into that white light, what will happen if I confront them? These are my observations to the best of my recollection. - MUFON CMS


Woman can't find remote, calls police

A Colorado woman called police after she couldn't find her television remote control - and they showed up to help her look for it. It happened on July 27, when the woman, who doesn't want to be identified, told police she thought she'd been robbed.

"I don't like to misplace things, I like to know where everything is," she said. "I want to have a place for everything and I want everything in its place." On that day in July, the woman said she just couldn't find her remote control. "I was very frustrated," she said. So she called police, and an officer from the Greeley Police Department arrived at her home.

"I told them, 'I'm not a well-to-do person.' I said, 'Why would someone take a remote or, steal it?'" she said. At first, the woman says they didn't find the remote. But later on the woman in Greeley did find it in her kitchen drawer.

"The place where I would never have thought it would be, that's where I found it, but you know I just would never have put it there," she said. So to this day, the woman says she thinks somebody else was in her home. "I would probably do it again, yes," she said about calling the police. - wtsp


Mother Hears Daughter's Final Agony As She Is Eaten Alive By Bears

A Russian mother listened helplessly on a cellphone to her teenage daughter crying for help earlier this week as she was eaten alive by bears.

The horrified mother of Olga Moskalyova, a 19-year-old psychologist in training, heard her daughter's desperate pleas for help after receiving a call from her daughter on a mobile phone.

Tatiana Tsyganenkov listened in horror to the screams as her daughter was attacked by a brown bear and its three cubs Wednesday near Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky in eastern Siberia.

According to The Daily Mail, Moskalyova screamed, "Mum, the bear is eating me! Mum, it's such agony. Mum, help!"

Tsyganenkov said she initially thought her daughter was joking but quickly realized there was a desperate struggle going on and that her daughter was fighting for her life.

"I heard the real horror and pain in Olga's voice and the sounds of a bear growling and chewing. I could have died then and there from shock," Tsyganenkov said, according to NineMSN.

Moskalyova and her stepfather, Igor Tsyganenkov, were camping near a river in Russia when the mother bear attacked him. It reportedly broke his neck and smashed his skull. Having witnessed the attack, Moskalyova attempted to flee but was able to run only about 70 yards before the powerful brown bear grabbed her leg and forced her to the ground.

During the struggle, the girl's calls to her mother were cut off at least three times. The girl somehow managed to call her mother back each time. A helpless Tsyganenkov could only listen in horror to her daughter's screams for mercy.

In a second call to her mother, Moskalyova said, "Mum, the bears are back. She came back and brought her three babies. They're... eating me," The Daily Mail reported.

When the call was disconnected, a panic-stricken Tatiana Tsyganenkov contacted police in the nearby village of Termalniy and begged them to rush to the river where the attack was taking place.

Moskalyova spoke with her mother one last time roughly an hour after she made the first call.

"Mum, it's not hurting anymore. I don't feel the pain. Forgive me for everything. I love you so much," she said.

When authorities later arrived on the scene, they found Igor Tsyganenkov's body. The mother bear was still devouring his remains when they came upon the scene, Dubai Media reported. Moskalyova's badly mauled body was found not far away. She was pronounced dead at the scene.

Half a dozen hunters were later dispatched to kill the mother bear and her three cubs. Authorities have not yet commented on whether the hunt succeeded.

"My daughter was such fun. She was so cheerful, friendly, and warm," Tatiana Tsyganenkov said, her words spoken in a voice diminished by grief. "She had graduated from music school, and just days before the bear attack she got her driving license." - HuffPost