; Phantoms and Monsters: Pulse of the Paranormal

Saturday, May 18, 2024

ANGRY BIGFOOT Chases Young Hunter, Who's Saved by Father, in Mark Twain National Forest

A young man and his father are deer hunting in Mark Twain National Forest. One evening, he comes face-to-face with a Bigfoot. After shooting in its direction, the creature chases him through the woods.

I received the following account:

"Hi. I had a bizarre experience when I was 18 years old. I am now 39, but the events that unfolded remain forever burned into my memory as if they happened yesterday.

My father and I had decided to make a weekend hunting trip to my family's hunting cabin. The cabin is located on a 120-acre plot of land in the middle of Mark Twain National Forest in Missouri. We loaded up on Friday morning and made the drive out to the cabin. It is extremely isolated. The closest house is roughly 8 miles away. The cabin sits in a clearing and is surrounded by fairly dense forest on all sides.

We arrived at the cabin around noon or so and brought everything into the cabin, gassed up the electric generator, got it hooked up, and then decided it would be a good time to figure out where we wanted to set up our deer blind and a stand we had brought along. I decided I would go find a good spot for the blind and my dad decided he would go set up the stand in a different area of the woods.

I followed down a small game trail through the woods for quite a ways and found a good spot, spent a little time setting it up and securing it so that it would be ready to hop into first thing in the morning. As I was finishing up I became very aware that something was watching me from the tree line about 25 yards away. At first it was just that uneasy feeling. Hairs on the back of my neck standing up, catching glimpses of movement. I saw something peek out from behind a tree and then duck back, then I heard a loud crashing sound as it ran off in the oposite direction. It freaked me out at first, but being that I didnt get a good look, I eventually convinced myself it was a deer or some other wild animal.

I returned to the cabin and related the story to my dad and we both laughed about it. We made some dinner, talked a little, settled down, and went to sleep about 9 pm. Around 1:30 or so we awoke to a loud crashing sound. It sounded like someone had thrown a large rock onto the roof of the cabin. We both got up, sat and listened for a few minutes and heard nothing but the errie stillness of the night occasionally interrupted by the howl of the wind outside. After a few minutes we got up and armed ourselves, my dad grabbed a spot light and we walked outside and shined it around a bit. We saw nothing. We eventually shrugged it off as a tree branch or some such and went back to sleep.

We got up around 5 am. I went to the deer blind and my dad went to the stand he had set up. I stayed until around 8 am without any incident. That evening I decided I would go to the deer stand and my father wanted to try out the blind. We explained to each other where we had set up and headed off. My dad had set the stand up on the edge of a small field next to a stream about a 20-minute walk away. I opted to leave the 4-wheeler as I didn't want to scare any potential game in the area. I eventually found the stand, climbed up, and settled in.

I had been sitting for a while and hadn't seen anything other than a few rabbits and tons of squirrels. The sun was starting to set and I was about ready to hit the trail back to the cabin before the dark set in. The sun was far enough down that the woods were semi-dark and eerie, making odd silhouettes at the shadow's edge. As I was contemplating climbing down I heard a rustle coming from the brush to my right. I looked over hoping for a big buck, but immediately froze in fear. Standing no more than 25 feet from me was a HUGE upright creature, covered in black hair, staring right at me. Its face looked so human, but this was no human. It had an odor like old coffee grounds or garbage or some such. It was roughly 7 feet tall or more. Huge and massive. I can't even emphasize enough the size of this thing. It could have ripped me to shreds without even breaking a sweat. The deer stand was about 9 feet up and it could have walked up and yanked me out of it. I was terrified. It turned and walked off into some thick brush and I lost sight of it.

I took my chance, hopped out of the stand, and made haste back towards the cabin. As I was walking I was completely freaked out and scared to death. My heart was beating so hard I could feel it in my head. I was starting to calm down a bit as I thought it had gone off in another direction when I heard a limb break, not too very far behind me off the path in the brush, at the shadow's edge. Then I heard some more rustle. It was following me. I started to run and I heard it keep pace with me, just out of sight in the darkness of the woods. I was really regretting not bringing the 4-wheeler. I heard it getting closer, panicked, and against my better judgment and a decision I would immediately regret, I turned and fired a shot in the direction of the noise thinking maybe I could scare it.

It started screaming. Loudly and unlike anything I have ever heard. It made my heart skip 10 beats. I just turned and started sprinting as fast as I could. It was screaming and it sounded like it was knocking down trees as it was coming after me. I heard it come out and cross the trail and go into the woods on the other side of the trail, still gaining on me, screaming and wailing horribly the whole time. I never turned around to look. It sounded like this thing was close enough to grab me and I was certain that it would catch up to me and rip me to shreds before I ever reached the cabin. My heart was pounding out of my chest, and complete and utter panic and terror set in.

Then I heard the sound of the 4-wheeler. I kept running, this thing was behind me screaming and wailing the most awful noise I have ever heard and bashing through the woods. I was still in full sprint and I could hear the 4-wheeler at top gear heading in my direction. Just as I was certain this thing was going to grab me my dad appeared on the 4-wheeler, he looked just as freaked out as me. I jumped on the 4 wheeler and he hauled ass back to the cabin. The whole time I could still hear it screaming behind us. I didn't look back.

By the time we got to the cabin, it had calmed down and the screaming had stopped. We quickly gathered our things, opted to leave the stand, and blind and got out of there. On the way home my dad told me as he was approaching me on the trail, he saw the creature on the trail maybe 20 paces behind me chasing after me. When it saw him on the 4-wheeler it ducked off into the tree line. I believe if my dad hadn't shown up, I wouldn't be here typing this story.

We talked about it a little on the way home and then never spoke of it again. This is the first time since that I have spoken of it to anyone. It was the most terrifying experience of my life. I can still hear it wailing and screaming and it sends shivers down my spine. I haven't been in the woods much at all since then and have never once gone back out to the cabin." D



EL CHUPACABRAS - ALIEN or SOMETHING ELSE? | Join Us For LIVE CHAT | Questions & Answers #Chupacabras

Have you had a sighting or encounter?
Contact me by email or call the hotline at 410-241-5974
Thanks. Lon

JOIN AMAZON PRIME - Unlimited Movie/TV Streaming
& FREE 2-Day Shipping



-Members-only live chats
-Exclusive members-only videos
-Priority reply to members' comments
Have perks suggestions? LMK




Have you had a sighting or encounter?
Contact us by email or call the hotline at 410-241-5974
Thanks. Lon

This blog and newsletter are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Work 3.0 United States License.

Registered trademark PHANTOMS AND MONSTERS ® / PHANTOMS & MONSTERS ® - USPTO #90902480 - Lon D. Strickler

© 2005-2024 Phantoms & Monsters - All Rights Reserved