; Phantoms and Monsters: Pulse of the Paranormal

Friday, December 29, 2023


A Stephenville, Texas woman describes her detailed abduction and the subsequent events that occurred as a result. I did reach out to her at the time, and I truly believe her account.

I received the following account several years ago. the experience prefaced her account by stating, "This story is absolutely true and this is my sworn statement that I have never touched any drugs, consumed any alcohol, or was on any medication."

"It was a beautiful sunny day in Stephenville, Texas in March 1980. It was a Friday and I had gotten home from work at noon. At the time, I was working two part-time jobs, one in the morning and the other, later in the evening.

I went into the bedroom, changed clothes, and put on a faded pair of jeans and a peasant-style blouse. I had been upset over my job situation - laid off a couple of months previous, and had been worried about our finances. I had been doing a lot of praying and had also been crying. I went into the kitchen and sat down at the table and ate a sandwich.

While I was sitting there I felt like someone was watching me from the ceiling. I looked up at the ceiling, and then thought that it was ridiculous - nothing was there. My husband called and I talked to him for a few minutes while he was on his lunch hour.

I went into the living room, laid down on the couch, and continued thinking about our finances. I sat up and looked at the clock and it was 1:15PM so I decided to get up and wash some glasses in the sink in the kitchen.

I rose up off the couch and something strong like a huge magnet pulled me down to the other end of the couch, and laid me down on the couch. I tried to get loose fighting with my arms and legs. Everything went black - then I heard a shrill noise that sounded like a power drill. The first thing that I saw was a strange man and that I was not in my living room. I fought him with all the strength that I had, and he was fighting back with something that was taking my breath. Each time that I fought, he would give me another dose of his weapon that he had. I don’t know if it was some type of gun or some type of inhalant. I lost the battle and once again my vision went black - then I heard two male voices. One said that it was not her time, and the other one said that he just wanted to talk to me. He asked me what was wrong. I started to regain my vision and noticed I was in a dimly lit room. Surprised by the question, I told him that I had been worried about our finances. I also told him that I was worried about my kids when they came home from school. He told me that I would be back when the kids came home. Both men (beings) were dressed in dark overalls and acted human - though I can't remember any facial detail.

This man started to explain the people who had abducted me and the reasons why they did it. I can’t remember any of the reasons or what they wanted from me. He went into my future, prepared me for the divorce that was going to happen, and for my rough emotional periods. He told me that my kids would be alright. I told him that I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to handle all of this. He told me that I could and that I would, and assured me that everything he stated was true. His voice was soft and very patient, letting me know what was happening and what would happen, preparing me for the future.

When I was stable I was taken and placed in an aircraft-like seat in a round room. A few people were also seated as they continued bringing in more. I looked around me at the people; they were all adults, men and women. A woman whom I thought was a little younger than me, was sitting near me. She was so afraid that she was becoming hysterical. I already knew that it wouldn’t do me any good to get upset. She started telling me something about her baby. Everyone else was quiet; a man sitting a few seats over from me had tears in his eyes.

When the seats were filled it started to feel like we were traveling - possibly to a home base or landing airport. After a brief period, we were led from the aircraft. A man came up to me - he had a microphone like a news reporter. He asked me what I thought was going on. I told him that I didn’t know and that all I cared about was making it back home. I also said that I cared about my family and that they were the most important thing in the world to me. We were taken into a room that looked like an airport terminal. I think it was underground. I could hear planes flying over. Some workers were sitting against the wall observing everyone. I think that they were playing some sort of a board game. I suddenly started shaking - my whole body started to feel like it was going into shock. Some workers came and took care of me. I don’t know how or what they gave me.

I waited until someone took me into another room for an interview. I was laid down and looked up at some sort of machine. I was asked questions - like some sort of character test, medical testing, and stress levels. Then I was taken into a locker room where all the women were given white terry cloth robes, and we were put in a lineup. It felt like we were being judged as we moved behind a window, and then went back to the locker room. I showered and washed my hair. A female worker handed me a strapless bra over the door, and black spaghetti-strap dress, and black heels. I put it all on and was taken to a beauty salon. A girl fixed my hair and make-up. I tried to find out what this was all about but she said that she couldn’t discuss it with me.

I was then taken to a stairway that led to a room going downward. I started down then stopped halfway, to look around. The room had tables and chairs sitting around the room. To my left, next to the stairs, was a man sitting at a table. He looked up at me and came to meet me at the bottom of the stairs. He took me to his table and we sat down. I asked him if he knew what this was all about; he said that he didn’t know. I asked if they could see or hear us. He looked around and said that he didn’t know, but that they probably could. We started to talk. He told me that we should not give them any trouble, and to do as they asked. I don’t remember his name or where he was from. I thought that his last name was the name of a color.

After a while, I was taken back into the medical room. They put a device into my right ear and me in my neck for tracking and communication. The device made a shrill noise in my ear. I was told that I had been chosen - someone had picked me, and my 'partner man'. I assumed it was the man at the table and that he was to be my partner in whatever they wanted with us.

Soon, the abductor came to me and said that I would forget everything that had happened and that it didn’t matter if I told anyone because they wouldn’t believe me. He told me that it was time to board the craft. He then told me that I would meet my 'partner man' and that I would know him.

We boarded the craft and I sat with my 'partner man.' When it was time for me to be put back, he hugged me goodbye and whispered into my ear that he would find me.

At 3:15 p.m. I came back on my couch with a jolt. I began trying to piece it together, and in the next few days, I could hardly function. I was so dizzy that I went for medical help. It took the doctor quite a while to find out that my ear was infected and making me dizzy. It did not do me any good to tell anyone what had happened; they would just give me a pitiful look like I was sick or had lost it. My husband would say that I just had a dream. I would put him through a lot of long sessions just listening to me. No one believed me and I felt like I was alone and I was scared.

I thought that if they could see me to abduct me, then they could still see me. As time went on, I had a lot of problems with it. I fell into a very deep depression. As time went by, I started living a normal life again. I was happy and loved my family dearly. 7 years later I went through a divorce, and then I learned to live a single life.

As the years passed I would bring up my abduction every now and then. I was surprised when people started looking at me with interest, instead of those looks like I was crazy.

My dream is that I may find other men and women that this has happened to. My greatest dream is to find my 'partner man'; and the people that I talked to while I was there.

I think that I was abducted and taken to a place somewhere in Colorado. I don’t know what the reason was, or why we were chosen and placed with male and female partners. This was an experience that turned my world upside down and caused nightmares, and many other problems. Yet, I have always felt like it was an honor to have been chosen and that it was all good, nothing evil about it. Anyone who has had this experience would have had a lot of emotional trauma as a result, and would most definitely be aware of it." TL

NOTE: At the time I received this account, there had been a large number of well-known UFO sightings and unexplained encounters reported in the Stephenville, Texas area. This experiencer and I talked several times over the next few years. I have always wondered if she was actually abducted by humans using otherworldly technology. She believed that it could have been possible since she felt that she was taken to a facility on Earth, not taken to another reality or dimension. Her account never changed, and I was pleased that she eventually found a partner who accepted her experience. It has been a while since we have talked. Hopefully, she found the happiness she sought. Lon

Have you had a sighting or encounter?
Contact me by email or call the hotline at 410-241-5974
Thanks. Lon




There is a region within the state of Pennsylvania where a vast majority of cryptid canine sightings have historically occurred. The Lycan Loop starts in northwest Pennsylvania near the Allegheny State Forest, extends southeast through the state, and ends near the southern reaches of the Susquehanna River near the Mason-Dixon Line. There have been sporadic reports throughout the state, but the Lycan Loop has proven to be a legitimate ‘hot spot.’ The team and I have investigated these cases, some of which were originally reported and investigated by Butch Witkowski.

So, relax and listen to these sightings and encounters. Then put yourself in the shoes of these witnesses and imagine how you would react to a similar situation. If you have questions, feel free to post them in the live chat. I will do my best to answer each.







Your financial support of Phantoms & Monsters and our other pursuits is much appreciated. Please click the banner above. Thanks.

Have you had a sighting or encounter?
Contact us by email or call the hotline at 410-241-5974
Thanks. Lon

This blog and newsletter are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Work 3.0 United States License.

Registered trademark PHANTOMS AND MONSTERS ® / PHANTOMS & MONSTERS ® - USPTO #90902480 - Lon D. Strickler

© 2005-2023 Phantoms & Monsters - All Rights Reserved