; Phantoms and Monsters: Pulse of the Paranormal

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Odds & Ends: Interesting UFO Sighting Over Quebec -- Woman Devoured by Her Cats -- Life-After-Death Study

Interesting UFO Sighting Over Quebec

Man notices strange moving lights that he captures on video. The family can be heard in the background and one by one he calls them over to watch.

The light disappears periodically and then reappears and while the excited talking of the people surrounding him over the strange unexplained lights are a little distracting, it is understandable.

It is described in the YouTube details as a "blobbing pulsating and exploding light in the sky."

2013 - MAJOR Canada UFO Sighting Over Quebec or cut/paste http://youtu.be/W9Y2cS5B454


Reclusive woman's body eaten by her cats

A woman was eaten by her own cats after her dead body lay undiscovered in her home for several weeks, an inquest heard. Janet Veal was found in the kitchen of her isolated Ringwood, Hampshire, home after neighbours raised the alarm, concerned that they had not seen her for a long time and mail was overflowing in the letter box. Inside officers were met with a “distressing” scene with the 56-year-old’s body on the kitchen floor, with parts missing as a result of being “gnawed and eaten” by her animals that had been left without food for possibly months. Southampton Coroner’s Court heard how PC Dave Ivey gained entry into the semi-detached home, which was down a farm track, with nothing around it for 100 yards, by using a ladder to get in through an unsecured upstairs rear window.

As soon as he got inside it was clear it had not been aired for numerous weeks and all the rooms of the property were covered with items and rubbish making it impossible to see the floor. When he went downstairs and entered the kitchen and living room it was immediately apparent that there were a number of dead animals, including a number of cats and a dog, as well as some that were still alive. Coroner Keith Wiseman said: “These animals had been, the officer thought, confined in these two rooms downstairs for what may well have been a period of many weeks, stretching quite possibly into several months.” It was in the kitchen, on the afternoon of April 4, that PC Ivey discovered the body of Mrs Veal, who was estranged from her husband, who left a year before.

Mr Wiseman added: “This too was a distressing experience because it was clear that certain parts of Mrs Veal’s body were missing and had, the officer formed the view, effectively been gnawed and eaten away by the animals. One can only imagine the difficulty with the scene the officer was having to deal with.” Reading from her medical history it was clear that Mrs Veal, who was described as a recluse by her neighbours, suffered from various chest conditions over the years. The post-mortem proved “extremely difficult” due to the extent of decomposition but pathologist Dr Vipul Foria concluded that the death was “possibly” due to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).

Describing Mrs Veal as an animal lover, Mr Wiseman said: “Exactly what happened to render Mrs Veal unable to assist herself or get any kind of help is unclear. Obviously one or other of the chest conditions might have disabled her but it is not at all clear.” Ruling a death from natural causes Mr Wiseman added: “There is no indication otherwise and no suggestion, if I can go to the complete extreme, any suggestion that she had been in any way attacked by the animals while she was alive. Given the background history and findings I am prepared to find on the balance of probabilities this was sadly a natural death that led to really very untoward consequences because of the inability of Mrs Veal to get any assistance for herself and to be confined in the way that she was in this property with a number of animals that had not been fed for quite a long period of time.” - Daily Echo


Researchers Detect Intense Brain Activity In Rats After They're Dead

We now know slightly more about what happens after death, thanks to new research that measures the electrical activity in the brains of rats before and after cardiac arrest. Spoiler: it does not flat-line. Not immediately, anyway.

A team of researchers from the University of Michigan conducted their life-after-death study on nine rats with electrodes connected to the surface of their brains. They were given an injection of potassium chloride stopping their heart making them clinically dead. But their brains did not die. For as long as 30 seconds after blood ceased to flow to it, the rats' brains showed signs of activity for as long as 30 seconds after their hearts had stopped. It wasn't just a blip here and there, either.

"We were surprised by the high levels of activity," says anesthesiologist George Mashour, a senior author on a paper about the experiment. "In fact, at near-death, many known electrical signatures of consciousness exceeded levels found in the waking state, suggesting that the brain is capable of well-organized electrical activity during the early stage of clinical death.­­­"

They what?! The rats' brains were even more active when they were dead than they were alive? That is correct, and it is bananas. According to one of Mashour's colleagues, this is "the first scientific framework for the near-death experiences reported by many cardiac arrest survivors." That is, this is scientific evidence that might explain the feeling of the soul leaving the body, the life-flashing-before-the-eyes effect, the light at the end of the tunnel and so forth. However, there are plenty of scientific theories about what happens after clinical death, many of which attributed life-after-death experience to a surge in brain activity.

The Michigan team says that the rat study will form a foundation for further research into what happens in the human brain. So far, there haven't been comparable observations found with dying human patients, though that might be because we have tried putting sensors directly on the brain. Either way, we now know that our definition of death doesn't quite tell the whole story. - Gizmodo



Fake Prophet Arrested

The founder and leader of Believer’s Faith Chapel at Gbawe in Accra, Prophet Michael Boateng was arrested by the Sowutuom Police last week for deceiving people with fake miracles.

Prophet Boateng was alleged to have contracted and paid two young ladies to make appearance at his healing revival at the Grace and Light Chapel at Awoshie A-Lang in Accra where he was invited to minister at a week-long revival programme.

According to information available to Today, the two ladies claimed to have been cured after the man of God prayed for them.

The two- Regina George and Fatima- acting on the dictates of their verbal contract with Prophet Boateng, dramatised that they were sick at the Grace and Light Chapel.

Luck however eluded them when they attempted to collect the balance from the prophet but mistakenly asked the host pastor for the money.

After interrogation by the host pastor, Rev. William Budu Tetteh, the two ladies and prophet Boateng were arrested by the police.

An in-law to the host pastor, Mrs. Helena Ocloo, who had invited the prophet, told this paper that the prophet Boateng was invited to the five-day revival based on an appeal made by the latter’s wife, Irene Okwaisie, adding that it was during the revival that prophet Boateng’s ‘ungodly’ ways of winning people to his church were exposed.

She continued that on the final day of the revival, Regina and Fatima were seated amongst the congregation when Prophet Boateng called the latter (Fatima) and revealed to her that her husband had deserted her and her 9-month-old baby.

The prophet then added that the same person had been given poisoned bread by a friend who wished to see her dead within the next few days.

And after producing from her bag a loaf of bread with pins in them right in front of the congregation, the prophet was said to have prayed for her.

For her part, Regina pretended to have a leg problem of which she was healed by prophet Boateng.

According to Mrs. Ocloo, though they all suspected there was something suspicious about what the prophet Boateng did, the lack of proof caused them to be quiet and instead wait on God to expose his diabolic acts.

She told Today that prophet Boateng’s secret was discovered when Fatima and Regina returned to the church on the morning of Friday, August 2, 2013 to demand the balance for the service they had rendered.

They thought prophet Boateng was the head pastor of Grace and Light Chapel, so they had gone there for their balance but were not lucky as Helena made them out and questioned them.

After threatening to get them arrested if they do not disclose the secret behind their confessions at the church during the previous meeting, Fatima and Regina confessed that prophet Boateng paid them to lie in order to win trust and souls to his church.

The culprits are still in the custody of the police and would be prepared for court. - Peace FM Online



Does Near-Death Experience Science Contradict Christian Doctrine? - Near-Death Experiences as Evidence for the Existence of God and Heaven: A Brief Introduction in Plain Language

Brevet's Black Malayan Tapir - An Asian Mystery Beast Resurrected - Mysteries of Planet Earth Check out Karl Shuker's recently publish book Mirabilis: A Carnival of Cryptozoology and Unnatural History

A ghost adventure ends up with ten people hurt and one killed

UFOs: The Odd Affair of Odiham

Top 10 Most Dubious Paranormal Videos