; Phantoms and Monsters: Pulse of the Paranormal

Saturday, July 14, 2012

1947: The Year of the Crash - Part 2

This is the second of a two-part article submitted by our colleague Albert S. Rosales, who is well known for having one of the largest available databases of worldwide humanoid reports - Humanoid Sighting Reports & Journal of Humanoid Studies:

Location. Northeast of Capitan Mountains, Chaves County, New Mexico
Date: July 4 1947 Time: night
According to separate sources the Roswell base was closed to civilian traffic. Everything had to be done quickly. Near Corona rancher Mac Brazel had discovered something that had crashed there (on the Foster Ranch) most likely remnants of a “Mogul” balloon that probably had nothing to do with the real crash. However the military took the discovery very seriously searched the area and found a spot where a long, almost oval object, about 20 feet wide had come down. The military also found four dead bodies. The whole area was cordoned off by about 200 men. Every square inch was combed for wreckage. They loaded all of it onto truck and brought it to the Roswell base, specifically Hangar 84. Near the wreck there was a lot of debris. It consisted of some super strong metal. They tried to cut it and drill it, without success. “It was definitely not of this earth. Photographs reportedly seen later showed black and white glossy prints, one showing a rather flat, oval shaped object on the back of a flatbed truck. About 6 feet of the object projected out of the loading space on each side of the truck. The other shots showed the site, there was a heel shaped object, with its nose stuck between the rocks under a ridge. According to different sources the crashed object was delta-shaped, resembling a flying wing. Identical to the one photographed by William Rhodes over Phoenix Arizona on July 8 1947. Another witness interviewed by Stanton Friedman reported that he was an Army Air Force photographer at Anacostia Naval Air station in Washington D.C. when he and a fellow photographer were hustled aboard an army B-52 bomber and flown to Roswell Army Air Field during the 2nd week of July 1947. They were ordered to pack up their bags and told that cameras were waiting for them. After arriving at Roswell they got into a staff car with some of the gear with some of the gear the military had brought along and headed out about an hour and half north. When they got there they saw a large number of military personnel in a closed tent. They were then ordered to set the cameras and take pictures 15 ft away. The witness got in a truck and headed out to where the military men were picking up pieces of wreckage. An officer in charge kept ordering him and his partner to shoot different items. An officer met them there and accompanied them everywhere they went.

There were four alien bodies but inside the tent it was awfully dark. These four bodies were under a canvas, and they opened it up to allow the witness to take pictures. According to the witness there were 10 to 12 officers and when he got ready to go in, they all came out. The tent was about 20-30 feet. The bodies looked like if they were lying on a tarp. As it appeared to the witness the bodies seemed identical to each other, dark complexioned very thin with large heads. The smell inside the tent was very pungent. The witness then came back to the truck that was loaded with the debris and both photographers were then debriefed on their way back to Roswell. About 0400am the next morning they woke up and boarded a B-52 back to Anacostia. At Anacostia they were debriefed again by a lieutenant commander who said, “Whatever you think you saw in New Mexico---you never seen it, it just didn’t happen. You did not leave Anacostia at all.” Shortly thereafter the main witness was assigned to a project in Antarctica.

Additional testimony came from Sgt Melvin E. Brown, a cook at the Roswell base who was temporarily assigned to guard Hangar 84. He said that any men available were taken to clean the crash site. They had to form a ring around whatever they had to cover, and everything was put on trucks. They were told not to look and to take no notice, and were sworn to secrecy. According to Beverly Brown (daughter of Melvin) her father could not understand why they wanted refrigerated trucks. Brown and another man reportedly sat on the back of the truck to take the items to hangar 84. The alien bodies were packed in ice. And when Brown lifted the tarpaulin and looked in he saw 2, or possibly 3 bodies, according to him, the bodies were “friendly looking” and had nice faces. They looked a bit Asian but had larger heads and no hair. They were about 4 ft tall and their skin looked yellowish in color. Brown was frightened a bit, because he knew he shouldn’t be doing it, so he only had a quick glimpse. But he reportedly said they could have passed for Chinese---because they had slanted eyes. Then Brown had to stand guard duty outside hangar 84 and his commanding officer came up and said, “I want to have a look in. Lets both have a look inside”. So they both went into the hanger, but they didn’t see anything, as everything was packed away for storage, to be flown out the next day. Military records prove that Brown was stationed at Roswell at the time. Evidence indicates that Brown was sworn to secrecy and paid well by the Government to keep his mouth shut.

Another witness, Robert E. Smith was a member of the 1st Air Transport Unit which operated Douglas C-54 Skymaster cargo planes out of the Roswell base. In a 1991 interview he said that he saw the convoy of trucks with red lights and sirens, covered with canvas that headed over to a hangar on the east end, which was rather unusual. Smith was taken to the hangar to load crates into 3 or 4 C-54’s and the loading took at least 6, maybe 8 hours. The procedure was unusual, with armed guards, MPs and etc. The largest crate was about 20 ft long, 4-5 ft high and 4-5 ft wide. Officially they were told it was a crashed plane, but crashed planes usually were taken to the salvage yard, not flown out. It wasn’t an experimental plane either. (Smith was convinced that they had loaded a UFO that had mechanical problems). There was a lot of farm dirt on the hangar floor. Importantly, Smith said that he saw a little piece of metal that he could crumple up, let it come out, and he couldn’t crease it. This piece of debris was 2-3 inches square, it was jagged. When he crumpled it up, it then lay back out and when it did it kind of crackled, making a sound like cellophane. There were no creases.

Sappho Henderson, the wife of Capt Oliver Wendell “Pappy” Henderson, reported that her husband once confessed to her, “I want you to read this article (about Roswell crash) because it’s a true story. I am the pilot who flew the wreckage of the UFO to Dayton Ohio. I guess now they’re putting it on the paper. I can tell you about this. I wanted to tell you for years”. Henderson reportedly described the alien beings his plane was transporting as small with large heads for their size. He said the material that their suits were made of was different than anything he had ever seen. He said they looked strange. The bodies were packed in dry ice. Pappy’s daughter Mrs. Kathryn Groode, added that her father described the alien beings as small and pale, with slanted eyes and large heads, saying that they were “humanoid looking, but different from us”. Stanton Friedman found out that Henderson had talked about his mission to a number of old flight companions at a veteran’s meeting in Nashville in 1982, mentioning “small alien bodies”.

Alpha Boyd, of Hobbs New Mexico, reported that in 1971 when her father was sick in a Roswell hospital, he told her of the time when he had been a civilian mechanic working in a hangar (84) at the Roswell base in the summer of 1947 when he stepped outside for a smoke. He immediately noticed that there was a high state of activity going on with military personnel “scurrying around like ants”, and speeding vehicles seemingly all converging on the hangar he just come out of. Just then a stretcher being carried by 2 men passed by him and went into the hangar. On the stretcher was what he at first took to be an injured child. But on closer examination he realized that it wasn’t human (it wasn’t anything from around here). It was about 4 ft in length, very thin, but with an enlarged head and had only 4 fingers. He was grabbed almost immediately by the military, taken quickly from the area and told not to say anything about what he had seen. The next day Mr. Boyd injured his thumb on the job and went over to the base hospital to have it treated. While being treated he asked a nurse if she knew what was going on. She cautioned him that he shouldn’t be talking about such things. It was then that he noticed a foul smell permeating the air in the hospital, after which he left. Mrs. Boyd confirmed that a few years after her father had passed away (1974), her brother told her the same story.

Sergeant Thomas L. Gonzalez told Don Ecker that he was one of the men sent out to protect the crash site while the wreck was being salvaged. The craft had appeared to him more like a wing than a conventional disk. Then he had seen what he called, “the little men from Mars”. They were basically like human beings, he emphasized, and only their heads and eyes had been much bigger. He also stated that once he had a piece of this crashed UFO (statement confirmed by his children) and one could not make a dent on it with the heaviest hammer or scratch it with the best knife. Shortly after the incident Gonzalez was transferred overseas and that was the start of hard times for him and his family. The stress of having to live with a secret became too much for him, but he got over it after a period.

First Lieutenant Robert Shirkey, in his affidavit dated April 30 1991, stated that he learned later that “…a sergeant and some airmen went to the crash site and swept up everything, including bodies. The bodies were laid out in Hangar 84. Henderson’s flight contained all the material”. All of those involved, he said, were shipped out to different bases within two weeks.

Ruben Anaya reported that he worked at the officer’s club at the Roswell base and had a pass to the base. One evening, Anaya and his brother Pete were sitting with 2 guests, when the telephone rang. At the other end was New Mexico’s lieutenant governor Joseph Montoya with a panic stricken voice, begging to pick him up out of the base. So they set off in a car, went to Hangar 84 and wanted to go in to meet Montoya. But they were not allowed, there were MPs and town police. Then Montoya came out, white as a sheet, and really shook up, asking them to “get out of there”. As they arrived at Anaya’s home, Montoya (in Spanish) spoke about the UFO crash, saying, “There were four little men not from this world. One was alive”. He described the aliens as wearing silvery suits, with big eyes, disproportionately large heads and very little mouths. According to Montoya the aliens had lain on tables in the middle of Hangar 84. One of them was still alive, had sighed and moved its hand slowly. Its legs were bent. Since doctors were standing near the table, Montoya could not get closer. But he could clearly see that the beings had no hair on their heads, that their skin was “white” and that they wore one piece-suit which resembled those worn by divers. As far as Montoya could make out, they had four long fingers on each hand. Shortly after the beings were taken to the base hospital. Meanwhile pieces from the wreckage were brought in; they were only metallic fragments, none of which had looked like a large craft. Then he said, “Confidentially, they shipped everything to Texas, and those guys are in the hospital. Look if any of you guys says I talked about this, I am going to say you’re bunch of liars”. Later according to Ruben Anaya, all four of them---he, his brother Pete, Moses Burrola and Ralph Chaes were called personally by telephone by Senator Chavez, who had also called Frank Whitmore of radio station KGFL and said, “Joe Montoya was a dammed liar. He didn’t see anything…it was a very, very secret project, it could hurt us with Russia and Germany, if it comes out.”

According to the words of Barbara Dugger, granddaughter of Sheriff Wilcox, sheriff of Roswell, there was a big burned area, and Sheriff Wilcox saw the debris. Reportedly, Wilcox also saw four “space beings” and “one of the little men was alive”; “their heads were large”.

According to another “deathbed confession” from the wife and 2 children of the later Meyers Wahnee who was a pilot and Air crew commander of the 714th Bomb Squadron, 448th Bomb group, he spoke about the 1947 Roswell events during the last year of his life (December 1981). He stated that the incident was true and that he had been involved. He said that there were 3 separate sites. The bodies were found and first flown to Texas (Carswell AFB at Fort Worth) and many of the men displayed fear. He also mentioned decomposing body parts.

Captain Chester Barton, who was in the military service from 1929 to 1954, stationed at Fort Worth and Roswell, confirmed to the army historian Jose Stefula that he heard about the bodies taken to the base hospital and that the recovery operation was very quick. In an interview with Kevin Randle in 1990, John G. Tiffany said that his father had been a part of the crew of the flight that had started from Wright Field to pick up the material at Fort Worth. Investigation showed that Tiffany’s father was in fact stationed at Wright Field at that time. After landing at Fort Worth they had loaded the wreckage and amongst these a big container that looked like a giant thermos bottle. The material had been very light, but very tough, with a glassy surface. During the whole flight the crew had tried to bend, break or scratch it, but in vain. When the “weather balloon” declaration appeared in the papers, they could only laugh out loud. Later on his father had also learned about 3 bodies, 2 mutilated, one intact. The aliens reportedly had “gentle features” and a soft skin, and wore a kind of flying suit. After that a high ranking officer had instructed them never to speak to anybody about the incident. “It never happened”.

Lieutenant Walter Haut was the public relations officer at the base in 1947 and was the man who issued the original and subsequent press releases after the crash on the orders of the base commander, Colonel William Blanchard. Haut died in 2008 but left a sworn affidavit to be opened only after his death. He described seeing not just the craft, but alien bodies. Haut’s affidavit talks about a high level meeting he attended with base commander Col. William Blanchard and the Commander of the Eighth Army Air Force, General Roger Ramey. Haut states that at this meeting, pieces of wreckage were handed around for participants to touch, with nobody able to identify the material. He says the press release was issued because locals were already aware of the crash site, but in fact there had been a second crash site, where more debris from the craft had fallen. The plan was that an announcement acknowledging the first site, which had been discovered by a farmer, would divert attention from the second and more important location. Haut also spoke about a cleanup operation, where for months afterwards military personnel scoured both crash sites searching for all remaining pieces of debris, removing them and erasing all signs that anything unusual had occurred. This ties in with claims made by locals that debris collected as souvenirs was seized by the military.

Haut then tells how Colonel Blanchard took him to “Building 84” (hangar) one of the hangars at Roswell---and showed him the craft itself. He describes a metallic egg-shaped object around 3.6m-4.5m in length and around 1.8m wide. He said he saw no windows, wings, tail, landing gear or any other feature. He saw two bodies on the floor, partially covered by a tarpaulin. He described them in his statement as about 1.2m tall, with disproportionately large heads. Towards the end of the affidavit, Haut concludes, “I am convinced that what I personally observed was some kind of craft and its crew from outer space.” What’s particularly interesting about Walter Haut is that in the many interviews he gave before his death, he played down his role and made no such claims.

Figure 1. Far from home - Image courtesy of David Sankey

Glenn Dennis was a mortician working for the Ballard Funeral Home in Roswell in July 1947, which had a contract to provide mortuary services for the Roswell Army Air Field. One afternoon around 1315 or 1330, he received a call from the base mortuary officer who asked what was the smallest size hermetically sealed casket that they had in stock. He said, “We need to know this in case something comes up in the future.” He asked how long it would take to get one, and Dennis assured him he could get one for him the following day. He said he would call back if they needed one.

About 45 minutes to an hour later, he called back and asked Dennis to describe the preparation for bodies that had been lying out on the desert for a period of time. Before he could answer, he said he specifically wanted to know what effect the preparation procedures would have on the body’s chemical compounds, blood and tissues…he offered to come to the base to assist with any problem he might have, but he reiterated that the information was for future use. Approximately an hour later, Dennis got a call to transport a serviceman who had a laceration on his head and perhaps a fractured nose. He gave him first aid and drove him out to the base. He got there around 1700. Although he was a civilian, he usually had free access on the base because they knew him. He drove the ambulance around to the back of the base infirmary and parked it next to another ambulance. The door was open and inside he saw some wreckage. There were several pieces which looked like the bottom of a canoe, about three feet in length. It resembled stainless steel with a purple hue, as if it had been exposed to high temperature. There was some strange looking writing on the material resembling Egyptian hieroglyphics. Also there were two MPs present.

He checked the airman in and went to the staff lounge to have a Coke. He intended to look for a nurse, a 2nd lieutenant, who had been commissioned about three months earlier right out of college. She was 23 years of age at the time. He saw her coming out of one of the examining rooms with a cloth over her mouth. She said, “My gosh, get out of here or you’re going to be in a lot of trouble.” She went into another door where a Captain stood. He asked Dennis who he was and what he was doing there. He told him, and he instructed him to stay there, Dennis said, “It looks like you’ve got a crash; would you like me to get ready?” He told him to stay right there and then two MPs came up and began to escort him out of the infirmary. They said they had orders to follow him out to the funeral home.

According to Dennis, “We got about 10 or 15 feet when I heard a voice say, ‘We’re not through with that SOB. Bring him back.” There was another Captain, a redhead with the meanest looking eyes Dennis had ever seen, who said, “You did not see anything, there was no crash here, and if you say anything you could into a lot of trouble.” Dennis said, “Hey look mister, I am a civilian and you can’t do a damm thing to me.” The captain said, “Yes we can; somebody will be picking your bones out of the sand.” There was a black Sergeant with a pad in his hand who said, “He would make good dog food for our dogs”. The Captain then said, “Get the SOB out.” The MPs followed Dennis back to the funeral home. The next day he tried to call the nurse to see what was going on. About 1100am she called the funeral home and said, “I need to talk to you.” They agreed to meet at the officers club. She was very upset. She said, “Before I talk to you, you have to give me a sacred oath that you will never mention my name, because I could get into a lot of trouble”. Dennis agreed.

She said, she had gone to get supplies in a room where two doctors were performing a preliminary autopsy. The doctors said they needed her to take notes during the procedure. She said she had never smelled anything so horrible in her life, and the sight was the most gruesome she had ever seen. She said, “This was something no one has ever seen” As she spoke, Dennis was concerned that she might go into shock. She drew him a diagram of the bodies, including an arm with a hand that had only four fingers; the doctors noted that on the end of the fingers were little pads resembling suction cups. She said the head was disproportionately large for the body; the eyes were deeply set; the skulls were flexible; the nose was concave with only two orifices; the mouth was a fine slit, and the doctors said there was heavy cartilage instead of teeth. The ears were only small orifices with flaps. They had no hair, and the skin was black---perhaps due to exposure in the sun. She gave Dennis the drawings.

There were three bodies, two were very mangled and dismembered, as if destroyed by predators, and one was fairly intact. They were three and a half to four feet tall. She told Dennis the doctors said, “This isn’t anything we’ve ever seen before; there is nothing in the medical textbooks like this”. She said she and the doctors became ill. They had to turn off the air conditioning and were afraid the smell would go through the hospital. They had to move the operation to an airplane hangar.

Dennis drove back to the officer’s barracks. The next day he called the hospital to see how she was, and they said she wasn’t available. Dennis tried to get her for several days and finally got one of the nurses who said the Lieutenant had been transferred out with some other personnel. About 10 days to two weeks later, Dennis got a letter from her with an APO number. She indicated they could discuss the incident by letter in the future. He wrote back to her and about two weeks later the letter came marked “Return to sender---DECEASED.” Later one of the nurses at the base said the rumor was that she and five other nurses had been on a training mission and had been killed in a plane crash.

Recently information has surfaced that seems to indicate that the nurse was Miriam “Andrea” Bush, 27-year old secretary of the hospital administrator, Lt Colonel Harold Warne. According to her sister Jean and brother George, Miriam Bush came home one night in a state of total shock. Finally she said that there were a lot of strange medical personnel at the hospital she didn’t recognize and who ignored the regular medical staff. Later Warne would take her to an examination room and she saw several small childlike bodies. One was moving. Their skin was grayish to brown and they were covered in something like white linens. Their heads and eyes were large. The next day she came home and said nobody was ever to say anything further about it. The family thought she had been very heavily threatened. They said the event so traumatized her that it ruined her life. She died under suspicious circumstances in 1989, with bruises covering her arms, but ruled a suicide by suffocating herself with a plastic bag tied around her head (testimony of Pat Bush, Miriam Bush’s sister in law, about her death).

Astronaut Edgar Mitchell’s testimony:

Edgar Mitchell grew up in Roswell, New Mexico. He later briefed a committee of the Joint Chiefs on what he knew about the 1947 UFO crash and was told it was all true.

When former Astronaut Edgar Mitchell recently told the world that he had been briefed on Aliens and UFOs by the U.S. Government, the media reacted by treating his comments with disdain. Their own bias against any acknowledgement that Aliens might be visiting our world and unwillingness to accept the word of a national hero that UFOs are intelligently controlled spacecrafts from another world may have caused them to miss the historical significance of what he said.

Mitchell, a former Navy Officer and Astronaut that walked on the Moon, grew up in Roswell, New Mexico. Over the past several years he has indicated that he was living in the town when the 1947 UFO crash occurred and knew what happened based on conversations with first hand witnesses. He has also said that several other people with intimate knowledge about the UFO crash have taken him into their confidence. Mitchell gave this statement to Robert Collins:

“I grew up in the Roswell area. I was almost 17 and senior in high school when it happened. Family members were ranchers and cattle people. We knew all the ranchers and towns’ people in the area, including where the UFO impacted. In spite of official denials and threats about talking, the local lore told the story.”

“After my space flight, and being a local boy, people involved, not only the locals, trusted me with their stories, because they were getting older and wanted the truth out, but were afraid to say it publicly; so considered me a trustworthy source to carry their story onward. Been telling it all that way, if anyone bothered to ask my opinion, since the Pentagon incident 11 years ago. Only now, suddenly, it got international media attention.”

The Pentagon incident that Edgar Mitchell is talking about occurred after he requested and received permission to meet with the Intelligence Committee of the Joint Chiefs of Staff during April of 1997. Mitchell wanted to brief them on what he knew or had heard about the Roswell UFO Crash. After the briefing, Mitchell says he was told by a Navy Admiral that what he knew about the crash was correct. He recently commented on that meeting:

“ I did take my story to the Pentagon -- not NASA, but the Pentagon -- and asked for a meeting with the Intelligence Committee of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and got it. And told them my story and what I know and eventually had that confirmed by the admiral that I spoke with, that indeed what I was saying was true.”

When a Vice Admiral found out about the Mitchell briefing at the Pentagon, he wanted to attend. The Vice Admiral was refused access and told that he didn’t have a “need to know.” This interesting side story provides proof that the UFO secret is one available only to an elite group of Military Leaders within the U.S. Government. It also lends credence to the idea that the President and most elected officials probably do not have access to one of our nation’s biggest secrets.(9)

Then next case summary is based mainly on the alleged memories of one Gerald Anderson who was only five years old at the time. His testimony has been apparently discredited in certain circles but it does not stop me from including it:

Location. Plains of San Augustin New Mexico
Date: July 5 1947 Time: 11:30 a.m.
According to Gerald Anderson when he was 5 years of age, he and several other family members were out rock hunting in the desert area, when they came upon a gully near a shallow arroyo and saw an object that appeared to have impacted on a small slope. Curious, himself and his cousin walked towards it and noticed that one side of it seemed to have been ripped open, there was a lot of debris scattered around. They also saw four apparent occupants of the craft. One was sitting next to it and was apparently alive. Soon other witnesses arrived; some were college students from an Eastern university. But soon several armed military personnel arrived, these made threats to all those present and made them leave the area. The beings were described as wearing two tone gray uniform like outfits and small in stature. They had slightly lager heads than humans and huge bluish eyes; their skin was very pale. The hands were also long and slender. Two of the beings were apparently dead, one injured and the fourth was alive and appeared terrified. No sound was heard coming from them. This is probably one of the several crash retrieval incidents that occurred in the same area about the same time.(10)

The next case summary is an alleged event said to have taken place in China soon after the Roswell crash or crashes, it has only come to light in the past several years and there is very few information available on the event:

Location. Chengdu, China
Date: July 18 1947 Time: morning?
An incident that almost entirely mirrors the Roswell crash has been unearthed as occurring on July 18 1947, in Chengdu. A farmer near Chengdu found unusual remains of what appeared to be a crashed flying saucer or UFO in the fields. News spread and locals congregated to see the bizarre UFO wreckage. The head of the physics department of the local university, Professor Zeng Zhanhan was asked to analyze the wreckage along with other experts and a report was written up. The object was declared a UFO. At this point the military and the police stepped in and informed the academics that the wreckage was merely a weather balloon. Professor Zeng Zhanhan was then ‘asked’ to retract his analysis and confirm the object to be a weather balloon. The US military was stationed at the time in Chengdu and it is believed they were involved in this cover-up. The farmer, other witnesses and the professor were never satisfied with the ‘weather balloon’ theory. Rumors still persist that it was a UFO of alien origin. Since then numerous UFO sightings have taken place in Chengdu. The parallels with the Roswell case area obviously striking.(11)

The next case takes us back to the New Mexican desert but at an undisclosed location, it apparently involved some Native American witnesses and the recovery of a live ‘alien’:

Location. New Mexico Desert
Date: August 13 1947 Time: unknown
Six Native Americans discovered a still smoldering metallic disc shaped object that had apparently crashed in the desert. Inside they found an alien creature (not described) that was injured, but still alive. Hearing the approach of military troops, the men decided to keep the being from capture and care of him themselves. Taking him to their home, they found the being could communicate with them through a crystal device that conveyed images. The Indians called the being the “Star Elder”.(12)

The last incident in the list is supposedly a crash in early October of 1947 in Arizona is from Timothy Good and he quotes Frank Scully so should we take the information with a grain of salt?

Location. Cave Creek Recreational area north of Phoenix, Arizona
Date: early October 1947 Time: afternoon
22-year old Selman Graves and his 16-year old brother in law Bob Malody were rabbit hunting and exploring mines in what is now known as the Cave Creek Recreational area. At one point Graves and Malody climbed to the top of the most prominent hill in the area and looked south back at the ranch house of their friend Walt Salyer. They could see Salyer’s house, his corral and even his water tank. But when Graves looked west of the property he witnesses a scene that made no sense then and still haunts him five decades later.

What he saw can best be described as ‘a large aluminum dome-shaped thing sitting upright in the desert’, Graves said, “I thought it might be some kind of observatory dome, except why should a dome be located down at that elevation?” Graves also remembered seeing five men and two trucks near the dome. One of the trucks was of the military (2.5-ton) type, capable of carrying personnel or equipment. ‘But I didn’t see any equipment like cranes or anything like that,’ Graves said, “And the men didn’t seem to be doing any work. I could not identify a uniform.”

Using Salyer’s ranch for size and distance perception, Graves estimated that the dome was 36 feet (11 meters) in diameter and maybe a mile away. Graves never considered that he might have witnessed the crash of an extraterrestrial craft until 1952, until he read “Behind the Flying Saucers” a book by pioneer Ufologist Frank Scully. In the book, Scully wrote about the Cave Creek incident and cited an informant who told him that two humanoid bodies about four and a half feet all were retrieved, one sitting inside the craft and the other halfway out the hatch.(13)

Of course 1947 was not the only year of purported UFO crashes and recoveries there are documented cases and anecdotal evidence of cases before 1947. I have recently have accepted the fact that something did crash in the New Mexican desert all those years ago, exactly what I am not able to say for sure, but there has been a lot of disinformation and Government attempts to derailed public attention to this event, all that for a weather balloon? I don’t think so, besides the Nuclear Age the world was also introduced to another age, a new age of human understanding was suddenly upon us and we began to question our role in the Universe and the possible role of the others.

Albert S. Rosales
July 11, 2012

9. Michael Hessemann & Phillip Mantle “Beyond Roswell” Don Berliner and Stanton Friedman ‘Crash at Corona’ Timothy Good “Alien Contact” Linda Moulton Howe, and Anton Anfalov PhD.
10. Kevin D Randle, A History of UFO Crashes
11. Filer’s Files # 19
12. Jim Marrs, Alien Agenda
13. Timothy Good, Above Top Secret, quoting Frank Scully also see the Newspaper of Melville N.Y. for July 6 1997

Albert S. Rosales - He is originally from Santa Clara, Cuba (where he experienced numerous paranomal events as a child) migrated to Spain with family in 1966 and then to the US in 1967. Albert is a Navy veteran and currently working with local law enforcement, getting ready to retire. Albert has been involved in UFO and related phenomena research for more than 30 years and at one time had one of the largest libraries on the subject (after one Hurricane and two divorces) that was shattered. He has been involved in putting together a master CD with most reported humanoid and other weird events dating from prehistory (BC) to 2011. Albert has accumulated more than 18,000 cases which he updates and corrections entered daily. Albert is planning on several books, plus he is making the CD available for $45 incl. shipping to all serious researchers of the unknown.

Lifetime of encounters: A recollection of anomalous events by Albert S. Rosales


Witness to Roswell: Unmasking the Government's Biggest Cover-up (Revised and Expanded Edition)

Crash: When UFOs Fall From the Sky: A History of Famous Incidents, Conspiracies, and Cover-Ups

Beyond Top Secret

Need to Know: UFOs, the Military, and Intelligence