; Phantoms and Monsters: Pulse of the Paranormal

Friday, May 25, 2012

Just the Facts?: Priest Claims Vatican Kidnapped Schoolgirl -- Trainee Witch Beheads Nephew -- Bear Attack In Outhouse

Priest claims schoolgirl was kidnapped for Vatican sex parties

A Catholic priest has claimed a missing schoolgirl was kidnapped for Vatican sex parties and has implicated diplomatic staff and members of the Holy See.

Italian priest Gabriel Amorth, 85, said girls were recruited for parties at the Vatican and said the death of 15-year-old Emanuela Orlandi, last seen alive in 1983, “was a crime with a sexual motive”.

The priest spoke out last week as investigators broke into the grave of a known gang boss in Rome following an anonymous tip that the key to Emanuala’s disappearance would be “found there”.

But so far bones which do not belong to mobster Enrico De Pedis, have not be positively identified as the girl’s.

In an interview with La Stampa newspaper, Father Amorth said: “It has already previously been stated by (deceased) monsignor Simeone Duca, an archivist at the Vatican, who was asked to recruit girls for parties with the help of the Vatican gendarmes.

"The network involved diplomatic personnel from a foreign embassy to the Holy See. I believe Emanuela ended up a victim of this circle,"

Father Gabriele Amorth was appointed by the late John Paul II as the Vatican's chief exorcist.

Emanuela Orlandi disappeared after leaving her family's Vatican City apartment to go to a music lesson in Rome. Her father was a lay employee of the Holy See.

Four years ago, Italian news reports quoted the dead mobster's former lover as telling Rome prosecutors that criminals from the city's crime syndicate, known as the Magliana gang, had kidnapped the girl and had her body dumped in a cement mixer near a beach outside the capital. - belfasttelgraph

The Vatican Exposed: Money, Murder, and the Mafia

Hidden Secrets of the Vatican: The Ark, the Holy Grail and the Turin Shroud

Dark Mysteries of the Vatican


Trainee witch beheads 3-year-old nephew

A trainee witch has admitted beheading her three-year-old nephew on the orders of a dark arts teacher in Nepal.

The 25-year-old was allegedly told her skills would only be complete after sacrificing her nephew and eldest son.

Police in Nepal arrested the suspect in the town of Samanpur, south of the country's capital Kathmandu and charged her with 'sacrificing' a child.

Human rights campaigners in Nepal have been left stunned by arrest of a woman accused of beheading her nephew.

The New York Daily News reported today that Yadav sacrificed the boy following instructions from her guru with whom she had been learning witchcraft.

She was quoted as saying: 'I had been learning witchcraft from Chhabilal Yadav of Haraiya for the past month. He told me that my witchcraft skills would be complete only after the sacrifice of the nephew.

'Accordingly I took him at Bramhsthan and beheaded him on Saturday after a pooja.'

Yadav then threw the boy's head into the Bagmati river while she buried the torso in her 'pooja' room, the New York Daily News said.

Police have exhumed the body and taken it to Gaur near the border with India for a post mortem.
According to Yadav, Chhabilal further demanded that she sacrifice her eldest son as well.

The victim, a resident of Manpur, had been staying in his maternal uncle's house for the past month.

Police became suspicious of Yadav's 'activities' after she informed them that she found the boy's body.

Earlier, she had registered a complaint with the police saying that the boy had gone missing.

SP Thule Rai told the press that Chhabilal and Yadav's family members are at large. Villagers said Mahadevi was a normal woman and that she did not have a history of mental illness that they knew of.

The incident has left the local people and rights activists shell-shocked.

'We are shocked to hear the news at a time when incidents of torture against women for allegedly practicing witchcraft are on the rise in the region,' said rights activists Bipin Gautam.

An Indian couple was arrested last month for attempting to bury her child alive on the orders of a guru. - dailymail

The Guru Question: The Perils and Rewards of Choosing a Spiritual Teacher


Chinese couple accused of burying hit-and-run victim alive

A young couple believed to have buried an elderly woman alive after knocking her down last month while drunken driving have been placed in criminal detention. "It's certain the woman was not dead when buried," a publicity officer from Yuyao public security bureau, who only gave his surname Zhou, said. "Legal medical experts detected particles identical to those in the surrounding soil in her lungs, which indicates she was still breathing," he said. But police have not formed a definite conclusion on the case, according to Zhou.

"Preliminary judgment of the cause of death is brain injury by the impact from the car and asphyxia," he said. Police in Yuyao, Zhejiang province, received a report from construction workers about a car without license plates abandoned in a remote construction site on May 1. Officers found cracks on the windshield of the car. Police received another report the next day from the same people that a body was buried in the mud nearby. They later found the corpse of an elderly woman 300 meters from where the car had been discarded.

Judging from the windshield and a bloodstain on the backseat of the car, as well as marks on the body, the police believe the woman might have been buried after being hit by the car on the morning of April 30. "A witness said he heard someone crying and saw an elderly woman lying on the ground near a Santana. A man and a woman got out and put the elderly woman in the car, saying they would send her to hospital," said a policeman surnamed Song, from the criminal investigation brigade of the Yuyao public security bureau, who is handling the case. The woman, surnamed Fang, was a 68-year-old native of Anhui province.

The young man and woman, both 25, were captured in Liupanshui city of Guizhou province on May 9. Police believe the couple had been in a karaoke bar all night before the accident. They believe the couple worried about criminal liability because of drunken driving and causing the accident, and may have found the elderly woman was no longer groaning and breathing on their way to hospital, said Song. Shen Ning, a criminal lawyer from Shanghai Watson and Band Law Firm, said it could be considered intentional homicide if the woman was alive when buried. - chinadaily


Canadian man dragged from outhouse by black bear

A Winnipeg man who was dragged out of an outhouse by a black bear is recovering at home with some cuts on his back and an amazing tale of survival. Gord Shurvell, 65, was camping and fishing with a friend at a cabin by Dunbar Lake, about 60 kilometres north of Sioux Lookout, Ont., when the bear attacked him early on Saturday. Shurvell said he was in the outhouse, with the door wide open so he could enjoy the morning view, when the bear barged in. "I'm sitting on the throne, and my feet are sort of up on the 'poopstool,' we call it," he said in an interview on Wednesday.

"So I'm kicking at him to get away, but he grabbed my pants and that gotch that were down around my ankles. And that was the start of it, and he just kept coming." When asked if the attack scared the "you-know-what" out of him, Shurvell replied, "It was already gone! I'd already done my business," he added. "All the defence I had is a … piece of [toilet] paper in this hand." Shurvell said the bear then dragged him by the arm through the bush, and he immediately went into survival mode.

"I know if he gets me back there and I pass out, my buddy won't know … it would take too long to find me. So I'm trying to get a tree to slow him down," he said. Shurvell's friend, 63-year-old Daniel Alexander, said he was inside the cabin when he heard the commotion outside. "I started out of the cabin and something clicked in, and I thought 'bear.' I turned around, went back into the cabin and got the gun," Alexander said. "In the meantime, Gord is screaming, 'Danny, Danny, Danny! It's a bear!'"

Alexander said when he found Shurvell and the bear in the bush, he initially had a difficult time figuring out how to shoot the bear and not his friend. "Just as I started to do that, the bear dropped Gordy and turned towards me," Alexander recalled. "The bear was down on all fours, with his head was down. And as soon as he done that, that's when I shot him, right in the head. Thank God that that bear turned." Shurvell escaped the attack with some scratches on his head, neck and arms, as well as a puncture in the back of his head. Shurvell was treated in a Sioux Lookout hospital and released, and he returned to Winnipeg late Tuesday. On Wednesday, he received his third rabies treatment. - cbc


Fish lodged in boy’s throat for 14 hours

SARAWAK - A 12-year-old boy had to endure the agony of having a 4cm-long fish stuck in his throat for 14 hours before it was surgically removed.

Philip Muan from Rumah Endawie Nangka Jela Engkari in Lubok Antu caught the ikan puyu (climbing perch or anabas testudineus) while fishing in a drain near Batang Ai with his 10-year-old brother at about 9am on Sunday.

He removed the hook and tried to bite the head of the fish to kill it but it slipped into his mouth and lodged itself in his throat.

His father Muan Burong, 40, a rubber tapper said his sons returned home when they failed to remove the fish from Philip's throat.

Muan took the boy to the Batang Ai clinic from where he was taken to the Sri Aman Hospital about 40km away. From there, Philip was rushed to the Sarawak General Hospital in an ambulance.

It was already 11pm by the time he arrived and the boy was spitting blood. The fish had by then died and a foul smell emanated from the boy's mouth.

The operation to remove the dead fish took just a few minutes.

The climbing perch is a hardy fish, which has a labyrinth organ in its head that allows it to breathe atmospheric oxygen. It can be out of water for about seven hours. - thestar