; Phantoms and Monsters: Pulse of the Paranormal

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Just the Facts?: Bermuda Triangle Karma -- 'Zodiac Killer' Alive? -- Alien Abduction In Texas

What Comes Around...Goes Around

In the summer of 2006, I stopped by a Saturn dealership to look at the new Aura models that had just arrived. I was greeted by a salesman who looked to be in his early 70s. I worked for the county ambulance service, and somehow the topic of discussion turned to a local hospital that had moved to a new building. Suddenly, the salesman started telling me how this hospital, and in particular one surgeon at the hospital, had destroyed his life. The story is only indirectly related to the paranormal, but it made me question who or what really controls our destiny.

It has been 7 years since I heard this story and have never written it down before. I don't remember the names of anyone involved, but I have never forgotten the story and I feel that it needs to be told.

Anyway, in the 1960s, this salesman had been the police chief of the small Florida town where the hospital was located. He was the youngest chief ever appointed in the State of Florida, and while they didn't make a lot of money, he and his wife, who was a school teacher, were well-known and well-liked by their neighbors. When the events of this story occurred they were both in their early thirties were both happy and contented.

Following the birth of his second or third child (I forget which) his wife started having female problems with frequent spotting of blood. Her OB-GYN told her just to ignore it, as it wasn't serious. And so she did -- for a while. Eventually, though, she met across a local surgeon -- one of the few surgeons in town -- who worked at this small local hospital. The surgeon convinced her that he could operate and correct the problem with little risk and little chance of complications.

The woman's family and OB-GYN tried to talk her out of the surgery, but to no avail. She finally decided to go ahead with it during the week of Thanksgiving when school was out.

Following the surgery, it appeared that everything was fine. However, after being at home a few days, she began feeling worse and developed a fever. She returned to the hospital and to the surgeon several times; each time, he wrote her a prescription and sent her on her way.

Several weeks went by and she got worse and worse, but no one at the hospital would take her complaints seriously. Her surgeon was very well known and respected and he kept telling everyone she was fine.

Finally, the day before Christmas, she returned once more to the hospital. She was suffering from a very high fever and serious infection, and this time they admitted her. The surgeon decided he had to open her back up immediately. They discovered that a surgical sponge had been left inside her during the first operation. Before they could finish closing her up, she died.

The years following this were very hard for the Police Chief and his family. They filed a lawsuit, but the surgeon was wealthy and well-connected and the family didn't even recover enough to pay for the medical bills. The Chief struggled to raise his children and went deeply into debt. That's why, in his 70s, he was still working at the dealership selling cars.

This isn't quite the end of the story. Remarkably, within just a few days after the lawsuit was settled, tragedy struck the surgeon and his wife. Following the successful (for the surgeon) closing of the case, the surgeon decided to go on vacation. While flying their private plane to the Bahamas through the Bermuda Triangle, he and his wife disappeared. There were no distress signals picked-up and no trace was ever found.

I was able to verify some of this story. An older doctor I spoke with had been familiar with the surgeon, and remembered that he had a good reputation. However, he also said that the surgeon probably wasn’t qualified to perform this type of surgery, and that the small local hospital wasn't the right place for it to be done. He also verified the part about the surgeon and his wife disappearing. It must have happened around 1968 or 1969; it was over the Bermuda Triangle, and no trace them or their plane has ever been found.

Thanks to David Hoes for forwarding!

NOTE: after some research, I think that this may be the ASN Wikibase Occurrence #7449 report and NTSB Identification: MIA69A0004...Lon

Into the Bermuda Triangle: Pursuing the Truth Behind the World's Greatest Mystery

The Bermuda Triangle Mystery Solved

The Fog: A Never Before Published Theory of the Bermuda Triangle Phenomenon


Husband and Wife Abducted in Texas


One night in the early morning hours in 1991, I was woken up by a bright blinding light shining through the window of our bedroom window. I also heard a loud humming sound. It startled me. I had woke up and looked up at the window. My husband didn't budge at all. I looked back to the room and saw four short grayish figures with big dark eyes standing by our bed. One was standing by me, looking at me. I could see that they were all about 3-4 feet tall. Light grey, big head, small mouth/nose, skinny neck, body was not proportioned with their head size, body was smaller in size, big dark oval eyes, long skinny arms, long skinny fingers. They made a weird voice type noise, like a soft robotic sound. I could see two more at the foot of bed and one to the side of my husband. I saw the one by my husband, touching my husbands shoulder. I was frightened and was watching them . I didn't know what to do . I could not move or scream, like I was paralyzed or something. It felt like my arms, my head and legs were being held down. All I could do was move my eyes to see what they were doing. I tried to holler at my husband but I could not say anything at all. The one that was looking at me was moving its head side to side looking at me like he was observing me or something. I seen its hand come up toward me. Right after that I don't remember anything else that happened. Time had lapsed into daytime, hours later. I started remembering what had happened that next night. Bits and pieces but the next day and following a few days later. Me and my husband noticed that we had gooey jelly type ooze that kept coming out of both of our belly buttons. When we showered we both had said something about the goo to each other. I told him that I had the same stuff coming from mine to. We did not know what it was. We felt tired the next day and the days followng that. I didn't put two to two together until days later after what had happened. It is like I remember what happened the time of seeing them and everything else was blocked. After days going by I kept getting sick off and on, feeling drained. At one time I had to be taken to hospital but they did not know what was wrong with me. I had headaches, dizziness and nauseousness. It was like I couldn't breathe or something. To this day we don't know what happened to us both. We have since moved from the area. It happened again a year later. I am still puzzled about it all but I know what I saw and it was not a dream either. I am a light sleeper and it was no dream. I was woken up by the bright lights and then seeing those things were terrifying. It was the most frightening thing that happened to me. I was awake and then I saw them. Then all else was blocked from me. They were there and then gone in a flash. Thats all I know. I still want to know what happened to us and what the ooze was in our belly button area. We still would like to know what took place with us that night. I still think about it today. I could sketch it but I will not at this time. NOTE: The above image is a rendering. - MUFON CMS

Received from Ken Pfeifer - World UFO Photos

Ufo's & Alien Contact: Two Centuries of Mystery

The UFO Invasion: The Roswell Incident, Alien Abductions, and Government Coverups

The Real Men In Black: Evidence, Famous Cases, and True Stories of These Mysterious Men and their Connection to UFO Phenomena


'Witch maid' controlled family for 20 years

An Indonesian housemaid controlled a Saudi family for nearly 20 years by forcing them to follow her orders through magic before she was arrested by the Gulf Kingdom’s feared religious police.

The father finally decided to resort to the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice after his family plunged into more health problems and his children and wife “blindly” listened to the maid.

Commission members asked the father to bring his daughter, who appeared to be the worst affected by the magic spell, Sharq Arabic language newspaper said in a report from the western town of Madina.

After a spiritual treatment session, the girl woke up from an apparent trance and told Commission members that she knows about the magic work.

“She led them to a tree near her house and told them the maid had buried magic stuff there…they dug under the tree and found needles, threads, keys, lockets and other items which belong to the family,” it said.

“They took them to the Commission centre, where experts dismantled their effect…the maid was arrested while the family started to return to normal.” - emirates247


'Zodiac Killer' still alive and living in California, new book alleges

A new book claims that the infamous Zodiac killer is still alive and living in Northern California.

The Zodiac Killer Cover-Up: The Silenced Badge was written by a former California Highway Patrol officer, Lyndon Lafferty, and adds another theory to the much-discussed serial killer case in Northern California.

The Zodiac killer is blamed for at least five slayings in 1968 and 1969. There was never an arrest in the case.

Three killings occurred in Vallejo. Teenagers David Farraday and Betty Lou Jensen were shot to death in December 1968. Darlene Ferrin, 22, was shot and killed seven months later at Blue Rock Springs Golf Club. Her companion, Michael Mageau, 19, survived.

In "The Zodiac Killer Cover Up," Lafferty claims the killer is now a 91-year-old man living in Solano County. The book uses aliases and does not identify the alleged killer by name. Lafferty claims he and other lawmen investigated the suspect in the early 1970s but were stymied by "power brokers" in Solano County.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle, the book has stirred new debate among those who have followed the famous killings.

The San Francisco police formally closed the case in 2004.

The Zodiac killer got his name by taunting newspapers and the police with letters and puzzles.

"The police shall never catch me, because I have been too clever for them," he wrote in a letter sent to the San Francisco Chronicle.

"I enjoy needling the blue pigs," he wrote. Detectives thought they might have had a break two years ago, when a partial DNA profile was taken from envelopes containing the letters.

The genetic evidence seemed to clear the only suspect ever named by police -- Arthur Leigh Allen of Vallejo. Allen, who was never charged, died of a heart attack in 1992. - latimes

The Zodiac Killer Cover-Up: The Silenced Badge

Donations can be accepted through PayPal - 'Donate' buttons are located below or on the blog or go to the PayPal homepage and send the donation to my user email - lonstrickler@phantomsandmonsters.com.

How much do you enjoy receiving 'Phantoms and Monsters'? Is it worth an offering of a few dollars for a daily dose of the strange and unusual occurrences in our world?

Thanks for reading 'Phantoms and Monsters'
Paypal ID - lonstrickler@phantomsandmonsters.com