; Phantoms and Monsters: Pulse of the Paranormal

Thursday, September 08, 2011

Georgia Bigfoot Hoaxer Discloses Associates' Scheme


Well folks, for the life of me I just cannot comprehend why these videos are being produced 3 years after the fact...but I will admit that some of the claims in the 3rd video have me somewhat intrigued. What is the real reason behind the disclosures? Rick Dyer is now accusing Tom Biscardi and Steve Kulls of cooperating in the hoax until Kulls decided he wasn't getting enough cash to keep quiet...thus, he spilled the beans to the media.

Kulls, who is a former Tom Biscardi employee posted his extensive investigation of the Georgia Bigfoot hoax, some time later and laid most of the blame at the feet of Biscardi.

In his “The Official Report of Steve Kulls regarding the Georgia Bigfoot Body Hoax of 2008,” Kulls detailed his “investigation of the man whom propagated this hoax, C. Thomas Biscardi, and an exposè of his company; Searching for Bigfoot, Inc.” Here is the transcript:

From Steve Kulls, SquatchDetective.com:

No need to go into much of what has happened the last few weeks, many of you know the story all too well.

I will also state out of the people involved in my organization, it was only me on this mission. Not Becky, Billy , Sean or anyone, just me.

I will start by all saying, we all make some mistakes. Some say it was a mistake going on the air Monday July 28th, 2008 in the middle of "Camp Biscardi". I agree. I admit it. I made a mistake, an error in judgment. I should not have put myself in the position of physical harm (not being killed but a physical confrontation, or dependency on them for extraction) to tell the ENTIRE story. All a man can do is apologize and learn by it. I have done such. Forgiveness is in the eye of people. People who at times have erred too, and have been forgiven. If they chose to forgive me for it I will not ever let them down again. If they choose not to forgive me for it, I forgive them for their anger.

The Special Edition show, a few say it was a mistake going on air as soon as possible after, because I had not had much clarity and sounded exhausted. I was mentally and physically exhausted. For that I have to say, no. At the time I was not ready yet to completely implicate Biscardi in being complicit with anything yet. I needed rest, clarity and a review of materials. But I did need to get the word out that YES, I was lied to and misled, and yes there was an attempt at a cover-up, that had I not been there could have been one of the possible scenarios resulting.

As to Dyer's new videos implicating me, well consider the source. I think we need not much to ponder upon that. The truth in all of this matter is on my side, no one else's. I'll take a polygraph on any of these items and allegations on my "complicity".

Plain and simple, I put the parties in contact at their request, fed a bunch of deceptions and flew out there to Indiana to verify real or not. I expected not to be in the middle of any controversy, I was in air at the time of the press conference. At the time of my show, I had thought the only people Biscardi had lied to was myself and the crew there, not knowing what he had said at the press conference. I now know differently. And again apologize for not being "in the know" before airing Monday.

There are many that were "in the loop" on my side. More than a handful of my closest people.

They know this too is the entire truth and why now I feel that Biscardi was complicit in this.

It's either that or he is the most naive person in the world. But none the less, you cannot take away the fact he lied to the public, and that is not a good reflection upon our research efforts. So it is complicity even if it is by stupidity. But in my opinion, I believe he knew exactly what he was doing. It was clear Whitton and Dyer were attempting to scam others so Biscardi didn't start this hoax, but became part of it by lies and deceptions. I believe that they got him in deep, and for Biscardi there was no turning back. Biscardi didn't start this ruse, but he rose to it by lying, deceiving people what he saw...oh yeah there's that DNA letter thing too.

I stated on my blog, that should this be a hoax, it would be a death blow for Tom Biscardi and his company. Now his investors must look at what has happened and make further judgments on their future involvement with him.

I stated to an organization a year and a half or so, that if something were to happen like this, I would get the truth out there, and here it is folks, my time-line. What was said what was done. My allegiance is to the truth.



June 16 - Whitton & Dyers site created

July 9 - Whitton states on video that they've recovered a Bigfoot "corpse". Coincidentally after Whitton is released from hospital from being shot.

July 25 - I issue challenge to get them to come on Radio Show

July 28 - Dyer asks me to call him, speak with him. I can't get him to crack, asks who is Tom Biscardi.

July 28 - I put Biscardi in contact with them.

July 28 - Dyer appears on my Radio Show

July 29 - Called and thank Dyer for being on show. Biscardi tells me Dyer stated they sold the "corpse" to the National Enquirer.

July 30 - I find out they did not sell body to National Enquirer as they stated to us personally, and attorney mentioned on radio show knew nothing of a bigfoot body. Biscardi calls me and tells me Dyer and Whitton want him to deal with the body exclusively.

July 30 - Both Whitton and Dyer appear on Biscardi's Radio show

July 31 - I call SFB VP Bob Schmalzbach and tell him I think this is a con, he needs to talk to Biscardi. He tells me to call him. I do get a voicemail. I'll cll in the early AM.


Aug 1 - I call Biscardi and advise him of some revealing information about Dyer, I believe this is a con. Biscardi says he'll get to the bottom of it. Receive a phone call, from Biscardi, wants me to write an interim contract. Tells me he's going to get DNA.

Aug 2 - Biscardi calls and when asked states he cannot speak about what he saw. Calls later saying that he was "Right there when the DNA was cut from the body". States "This thing has incredibly thick skin"

Aug 4 -Contract stated my name as the introductory party as my only involvement. Told that the DNA is being hand delivered to Dr. Curt Nelson


Aug 9 - Biscardi told me that tomorrow he's taking the measurements, and taking pictures.

Aug 10 - Biscardi describes the body, tells me about the eyes, the teeth, and genitalia.

Aug 11 - Biscardi forwards me an email from Dr. Nelson stating the DNA amplification size was consistent with human/ape and was going to be sequenced.

Aug 13 - I was given picture of alleged corpse. I had issues with the body. Biscardi sees my doubts tells asks me if he "would drop 50 large if this wasn't the real thing, I saw it".

Aug 14 - Saw comparisons of pictures to costume. Expressed it to Biscardi who told me he saw it and its not a costume, its the real thing. Crew picks up freezer from Whitton and Dyer, give them $50K. Crew thought it was supposed to be defrosted but they found it frozen. when I heard "corpse" was in transport I buy my plane ticket.

Aug 15 - Depart airport arrive in Indianapolis at 4:10PM EST. In flight during press conference. At Press conference (Palo Alto, Ca) Whitton describes how they cam across "corpse" etc. Biscardi states He touched it, smelled it, felt it amongst other deceptions.

Aug 15 - I am driven to location in Indiana, outside of Muncie in a rural community. There are no TV's however I see a few snippets of Whitton on a computer at the press conference.

Aug 16 - Ice melts to where I can get a hair sample. I examined hairs and determine they are not hairs. We burn it an it balls up into a melted wad, uncharacteristic of hair. We begin speed thaw using a salamander heater, and eventually pull a rubber foot out. Advise Biscardi who is unusually calm about it.

Aug 16 - Biscardi calls (two of the crew and investor are not present at the time) and he wants to fill the freezer up with water, freeze it, release it back to Whitton & Dyer and we'd make a statement that the public pressure was too much on them and they took their body back, and place a gag order on it, never speak of it again. I staunchly object and would not participate in it.

Aug 16 - I talk with Whitton to return the money, he states they don't have it and the only want to deal with Biscardi. Biscardi calls back and claims that Whitton & Dyer will sign a promissory note and confession the next morning before they leave for home. I draw up the documents. I try to be extricated but it would be a great burden on my friends and would place one at risk of safety driving there to pick me up. (Did not want him falling asleep at wheel).

Aug. 17 - Whitton and Dyer left before their scheduled meeting with Biscardi. Biscardi wants press there to expose it as a hoax, I am not able to leave because of this. I prepare a statement. Monday is a no go for home either now.

Aug 18 - Bob Schmalzbach removes many of the separation items in the statement. Media shows up and statement is transmitted. They are angry because of this position of separation.

Aug 18 - Squatchdetective Radio airs I announce the hoax at 10:10 PM, am flooded by several questions about Whitton, Dyer, etc. Last callers lower the boom on Biscardi. I am in the presence of Biscardi's son and close friend, if I agreed on the lying at that point it could have risked me physical harm. Why I responded the way I did by not answering. Not denying either. When asked about Biscardi's complicity, I stated "I don't believe so." At the time I did not. But I needed to review the conference as well as other materials and digest.

Aug 18 - Everyone is enraged I didn't call out Biscardi that night...I will not succumb either to peer pressure, to state a popular opinion. I needed to get my "ducks in a row." I had to get my head clear...and relevant facts entered. I also learn from a source that the DNA report he sent me on the 11th most likely was altered.

Aug 19 - I leave 5+ hours early for the airport, and soon as my "handlers" leave I get the word out of what had occurred, the deceptions. I apologized to listeners of the previous show for not being able to tell it like it is. My mistake...show could have waited. I am physically and mentally exhausted. Officially break ties with Tom Biscardi and his company. I arrive home at 11:30PM from airport.

Aug 20 - Whitton and Dyer state Biscardi and I coached them. I issued statement stating the above involvement was all I've had, I never met them or even been to Georgia this year. I Agree to take polygraph if anyone volunteers one. I Issue a cease and desist letter to Biscardi for any attempt at communication to me.

Aug 21 - I appear on Fox and Friends at 6:50AM and reveal the deceptions of Tom Biscardi now believing he was complicit in the hoax based upon the DNA email and statements made.

Aug 22 - Squatchdetective.com updated to reflect the facts in this matter.

NOTE: the entire scenario of the hoax is described in Autumn Williams' post on her website as well as the links posted here.

It will be interesting to see if Tom Biscardi and Steve Kulls respond to the accusations in this video. If any of what Dyer is saying is indeed fact, then Pandora's Box may start to open. The first and second videos of this series are very hard to believe, as well as the craziness of these so-called 'Bigfoot Trackers'...in my estimation, it's a stunt designed for a future scheme. But these claims against Biscardi and Kulls had better be factual and provable...or the 'Bigfoot Trackers' may find tort predicaments down the road.