; Phantoms and Monsters: Pulse of the Paranormal

Monday, April 11, 2011

Fortean / Alternative News: FBI's Roswell Memo, Burning Object Over Mexico and News Reporter's UFO Encounter

Click image for larger version

FBI memo that 'proves aliens landed at Roswell'?

dailymail - A bizarre memo that appears to prove that aliens did land in New Mexico prior to 1950 has been published by the FBI.

The bureau has made thousands of files available in a new online resource called The Vault.

Among them is a memo to the director from Guy Hottel, the special agent in charge of the Washington field office in 1950.

In the memo, whose subject line is 'Flying Saucers', Agent Hottel reveals that an Air Force investigator had stated that 'three so-called flying saucers had been recovered in New Mexico'.

The investigator gave the information to a special agent, he said. The FBI has censored both the agent and the investigator's identity.

Agent Hottel went on to write: 'They were described as being circular in shape with raised centers, approximately 50 feet in diameter.

Each one was occupied by three bodies of human shape but only 3 feet tall,' he stated.

The bodies were 'dressed in a metallic cloth of a very fine texture. Each body was bandaged in a manner similar to the blackout suits used by speed flyers and test pilots.'

He said that the informant, whose identity was censored in the memo, claimed the saucers had been found in New Mexico 'due to the fact that the Government has a very high-powered radar set-up in that area and it is believed the radar interferes with teh controlling mechanism of the saucers'.

He then stated that the special agent did not attempt to investigate further.

The release of the secret memo is likely to fuel conspiracy theorists' claims of a government cover-up.

The town of Roswell in New Mexico became infamous after reports that a flying saucer had crashed in the desert near a military base there on or around July 2, 1947.

The bodies of aliens were said to have been recovered and autopsied by the U.S. military, but American authorities allegedly covered the incident up

Military authorities issued a press release, which began: ‘The many rumours regarding the flying disc became a reality yesterday when the intelligence officer of the 509th Bomb Group of the Eighth Air Force, Roswell Army Air Field, was fortunate enough to gain possession of a disc.’

The headlines screamed: 'Flying Disc captured by Air Force.' Yet, just 24 hours later, the military changed their story and claimed the object they'd first thought was a 'flying disc' was a weather balloon that had crashed on a nearby ranch.

Amazingly, the media and the public accepted the explanation without question. Roswell disappeared from the news until the late Seventies, when some of the military involved began to speak out.

Another memo published in The Vault from 1947 claimed that an object 'purporting to be a flying disc' had been recovered near Roswell.

The disc was 'hexagonal in shape' and 'suspended from a balloon by a cable', according to the memo, marked as 'Urgent', to the FBI director.

The memo noted that the disc resembled a weather balloon - but claimed that a telephone conversation between the Air Force and the field office 'had not [word censored] borne out this belief'.

The disc and balloon were being transported to Wright Field for further inspection, the memo noted.

It added that the information was being flagged up because of 'national interest' in the episode, and noting that both NBC and the AP were set to break the story that day.


Japanese citizens turning in cash found in tsunami zone

A tsunami that followed a massive earthquake last month may have destroyed some of Japan's structures, but police say the honest practice of turning in lost items, especially cash, remains intact.

Residents have turned in lost cash across the tsunami zone at a much higher rate than usual, the Miyagi Prefectural Police Department tells CNN.

A police spokesman, who asked not to be identified, citing department policy, said he could not specify how much cash has been turned in to lost-and-found offices at police stations. But, he said, of the 24 police stations across Miyagi Prefecture, nine of them are on the Pacific coastline.

Between March 12, the day following the earthquake and tsunami, and March 31, those nine police stations collected 10 times the amount of lost cash collected at the other 15 stations combined.

Japanese children, from a young age, are taught to turn in any lost items, including cash, to police stations. The cultural practice of returning lost items and never keeping what belongs to a stranger has meant police departments like Tokyo's Metropolitan have an entire warehouse filled with lost shoes, umbrellas and wallets.

In the tsunami zone, where personal items lie amid miles of rubble, it's meant that lost valuables have often gone directly to police, rather than the pocket of the finder.

The lost cash hasn't been easy to handle, the Miyagi Prefectural Police Department says. Money found along with some identification is being returned, but officers have been able to return only 10% of the cash.

Cash that wasn't in a wallet is left unclaimed at the police station. After three months, the person who turned in the cash is able to collect that lost money. But police say people are already waiving their rights to claim the cash when they turn it in.

Unclaimed cash will eventually be sent to the Miyagi Prefectural Government, though police say they do not know how it will be used.

Also found: Hundreds of safes that can't be opened. If the prefectural government allocates funding for opening the safes, police will start doing so.

Prefectural police believe that these safes could contain not only currency, but bank books, stocks and land deeds, which could give a huge boost to the amount of lost money. - CNN


Mexico: Fireball - or a UFO in Flames?

Source: Nivel 13 (Spain) and e-consulta.com (Mexico)
Date: 04.10.11

Mexico: Authorities in Boca del Rio Look for UFO
By Rodrigo Barranco

VERACRUZ, Ver. - On the evening of April 8 hundreds sent out Twitter messages indicating that a fireball-shaped UFO was streaking over the city's sky at high speed.

The story did not go beyond that. However, authorities are looking into the object that plowed its way through the heavens, as there have been previous incidents involving meteorites.

Isidro Cano Luna, director of the Boca del Río Civil Protection agency, believed that these are not stories made up by the citizenry -- years ago there was a similar phenomenon that had a scientific explanation.

"What happened last night may have been a bolide, but I am unable to confirm this as I did not witness it. Statistically, we do have antecedents to the event. In the 1960s, a meteorite passed in front of the central coast of Veracruz. It was believed to have crashed in the mountainous region of the state, but this wasn't the case. Everything indicates that [this object] became lost in that same region," he remarked.

A bolide is an orb like a meteorite, having sufficient surface to be seen by the human eye; they often strike the ground and disintegrate.

On Friday night, hundreds of persons reported a fireball crossing the skies over Veracruz, saying it was "a UFO in flames". They made this known over the social networks. - Scott Corrales at Inexplicata - The Journal of Hispanic Ufology


News Reporter's Personal UFO Encounter

clarionledger - Call me crazy. Tell me I was tired, asleep at the wheel, imagining things ... but nothing will change my mind about what I saw in February 1977. This is a story I have told hardly anyone, not even my grown children. They will learn about it as you do.

I was a sports writer at The Meridian Star and had covered a high school basketball tournament in Louisville. I was on my way home around 11 p.m. on a beautiful, clear evening.

The first thing I noticed was a really bright star, like the brightest planet you've ever seen.

And I noticed it getting bigger ... and bigger ... and bigger, until it looked about the size of a full moon. I could not determine a specific shape, only a bright white light still high in the sky.

Suddenly, it streaked downward, at about the 2 o'clock position out my windshield and went behind some trees. How far away?

I can't be certain.

However, I am certain of this: As soon as it disappeared behind the trees, everything - everything - around me was glowing green.

My heart raced, and the first thing that went through my mind was the possibility of my car losing power. It didn't.

But I remember telling myself: "When you round the curve up ahead, whatever came down is going to be right in front of you."

I did not let off the accelerator, afraid that if I did the car would shut down.

Everything around me still glowed green.

Just as I was about to round the curve, I saw the bright white light streak upward ... and disappear. The green glow was gone, too.

All of this happened in a matter of seconds, but it seemed to last 5 minutes.

I drove home as fast as I could get there. I was shaking. I couldn't sleep. But I told no one. Who would believe me?

So why am I telling it now? I do so with reservation.

But I came to this conclusion Thursday and discussed it with Clarion-Ledger assistant managing editor Debbie Skipper: If I am going to write a Sunday feature about a UFO conference coming to Jackson, interview people who are willing to share their experiences and knowledge and beliefs with me, then I owe it to them and my readers to share what I have seen.

I have had no such experiences since.

I do not know what it was that I saw.

But don't tell me it was a weather balloon or swamp gas. Those two things don't go upward in a streak of light and take a green glow with them.