For years, Britain’s biggest UFO mystery had been kept under wraps, but now an Air Force official has admitted that an “extra-terrestrial” craft did visit the air base at Rendlesham Forest in 1980.
Former Deputy Base Commander Col Charles Halt claimed that even though the incident was later covered up, “extra-terrestrials” had been the cause of the close encounter in Suffolk.
Halt had led a group of airmen who reported seeing a triangular UFO taking off into the air, leaving traces of radiation behind.
“The UFOs I saw were structured machines moving under intelligent control and operating beyond the realm of anything I have ever seen before or since,” the Daily Star quoted Col Halt, now retired, as telling investigator Gary Heseltine.
“I believe the objects that I saw at close quarters were extra-terrestrial in origin,” he said.
He added that the Air Force later issued “dis-information” to throw the public off the scent.
His comments were hailed as “sensational” by former Ministry of Defence UFO investigator Nick Pope.
“This may help us to finally solve Britain’s biggest UFO mystery,” Pope said.
“It blows the MoD’s line that these events had ‘no defence significance’ out of the water,” he added.
Lt. Colonel Charles I. Halt, USAF and the Rendlesham Forest Incident
Charles I. Halt is a retired United States Air Force Colonel and the former Base Commander of RAF Bentwaters, near Woodbridge, Suffolk. After serving in Vietnam, Japan and Korea, he was assigned to Bentwaters as deputy commander. The Rendlesham Forest Incident of late December 1980 occurred shortly after that and he was an important witness to events on the second night of sightings.
In the late hours of 27 December, and early 28 December 1980 then Lieutenant Colonel Halt led a patrol to investigate an alleged UFO landing site near the eastern edge of Rendlesham Forest. During this investigation they witnessed several unidentified lights, most prominent of them being a bright flashing light in the direction of Orford Ness. In January 1981 Halt composed an official Air Force memorandum listing details of the events. The memo was then dispatched to the Ministry of Defence. Halt also made an audio tape recording of the incident.
After retiring from the US Air Force in 1991, Halt made his first public appearance in a television documentary, where he confirmed the authenticity of the Rendlesham Forest Incident. In 1997 he was interviewed by Georgina Bruni for a book about the Rendlesham event, You Can't Tell the People. He has also appeared in several television documentaries.
Monday, July 13, 2009
15% Off - All U.S. Veterans & Active Military / Spouses.
Use coupon code A1028 during purchase - unlimited use.
Thank you for your service & sacrifice!
'Phantoms & Monsters' Available Titles